||2. High-Performance Translucent Daylighting - Panel Unit/Unitized Curtainwall Systems
The most highly insulating daylighting systems in the world!
|Large pre-assembled translucent units (flat or curved) with factory-installed operating or fixed glass windows are a cost-effective, high-performance, building solution. Installation is rapid and trouble-free with minimal on-site fabrication and associated scrap or delay. The resulting Museum-quality DaylightingTM is a pleasure for building occupants, while energy efficiency of the space is maximized. |
CSI: 08 45 23
When wall systems require vision, ventilation, air handling ventilation and/or opaque spandrel panels, Kalwall pre-engineered Unitized Curtainwall Systems can incorporate all the desired features specified in a design. The result is a rapidly installed curtainwall that delivers ultimate performance as a total system.
- NEW Hurricane-Resistant E-SeriesTM Windows allow integration of clear vision glass with translucent panels. Certified to TAS 201, 202 and 203, as well as ASTM E1886 and E1996 in fixed and project-out sash models. Kalwall is the only translucent system meeting these specifications.
- Factory-assembled 2-3/4" (70mm) and 4" (100mm) Kalwall 100TM sandwich panel curtainwall systems.
- Operating/fixed windows (HC-2000 and E-SeriesTM).
- Opaque panels.
- Rapid installation and permanent weather seal (unlike most stick-built, "frame and glaze" components, which are all field-assembled, prone to failure and high maintenance upkeep).
- Kalwall's prefabricated Unitized Curtainwall Systems are totally pre-finished, inside and out.
- Delivered to the job site in large, preassembled units up to 5' x 24' (1.5m x 7.3m) and larger, limited only by handling destination.
- LEED® contribution.
- Super-insulating, light-transmitting Kalwall+ Lumira® aerogel are panels infilled with the latest iteration of this space-age, super insulating aerogel for R-20 panel with U-value of 0.05 Btu/hr/ft2/°F (0.30 W/m2K) with 20% light transmission.
- Special application and national building code-compliant. Following are just a few of the codes and standards applying to some Kalwall Unitized Curtainwall Systems:
- Explosion Venting Panels designed and manufactured to FM 4440 standards.
- ICC-ES AC 177 compliant.
- Approved to the latest FM Standard 4881 for Exterior Wall Systems.
- Seismic code compliant.
- Optional extra-high impact faces withstand extraordinary impact forces in accordance with UL 972 standards.
- A thermoset FRP/aluminum composite that will not melt, Kalwall panels have many optional fire-reaction capabilities.
Review our Translucent Replacement Systems and High-Performance Translucent Wall and Skyroof® Systems brochures.
For more daylighting examples, visit the PHOTO GALLERY.
Unitized Curtainwall System CAD details, as well as Revit® Details and Families, are available.
Follow us on:
HOME | KALWALL TRANSLUCENT SYSTEMS |
ABOUT KALWALL | RECENT
PROJECTS | SPECIFICATIONS | CAD
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION |
|Kalwall and Skyroof are registered trademarks and Kalwall 100 and E-Series are trademarks of Kalwall Corporation.|
|LEED is a registered trademark of USGBC.
|Revit is a registered trademark of Autodesk.|
|Lumira® aerogel is a registered trademark of Cabot Corporation.|
Copyright Kalwall Corporation 2013. All Rights Reserved.